So this is our newly screened in deck. It took a little over a month from start to finish, even though they had the roof and frame up after the first day. We ran into a bit of a problem with the inspector insisting that we add another outlet to the back of the house outside of the deck, and also that we have the fireplace vent boxed in so it would vent up to the roof.
Do NOT get me started on that one because I specifically asked the town about that when we applied for our permit, which was approved and did NOT include venting out the fireplace through the roof. Someone needs to get the town inspectors on the same page as the people that approve the permits, that’s all I’m saying.
Yesterday we had the new gutter put up and with that it is 100% complete. I have to admit the first words out of my mouth when I saw the gutter may have been something like “are you freaking kidding me” instead of “awesome” because I asked for them to have the downspout turn the corner and run down the side of the deck since that’s where our rain barrel is. If you look at the picture you can see that is NOT where the downspout runs. At all.
SO! That small annoyance aside, it’s finished! The furniture is back on the deck and out of our yard and I’m really glad to have it done. The cats seem to enjoy hanging out on it as long as the dogs aren’t out there with them, and I definitely enjoy it.